Apr 13, 2013

Country Does Nostalgia Right

     It seems that I am not the only one who has a slight obsession with nostalgia, since Country music has filled my heart to the brim on many occasion with the sweet twang of memories sung.  My favorites include-

 

Miranda Lambert- The House that Built me

Holy home nostalgia, y’all.  This song makes me think of growing up on the Navy Base and all the nooks & crannies in the neighborhood that mean everything to me.  It also brings me back to careless summers at Nanny’s house during Ohio summers.  Don’t think I’ve ever listened to this song without crying

 

Kenny Chesney- I Go Back

Okay, so I used to loooove Kenny Chesney, but I have not been a fan of his music in recent years.  This song, however, just gets me every time.  We can all relate to hearing a certain song and having it transport you to some part of your life.  This song makes me think of summers in college, driving around way too late with the windows down and all my friends laughter filling up the car.

 

Jason Aldeen- Red Dirt Road

I can see past the crappy rapping and just enjoy this song.  I think Jason Aldeen is actually a pretty sappy guy since 99.9999% of his songs are super nostalgic.  His earrings and bad boy look are just a facade.

 

Alan Jackson- Remember When

I don’t even like Alan Jackson but this song just gives me shivers. I love.. “remember when the sound of little feet was the music we danced to week to week”..

 

Jamey Johnson- In Color

This song is so simple, so poignant.

 

    There are lots of other where these little ditties came from, but those are my all time favorites. Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...