Oct 22, 2012

A log of {completely random} links & tidbits

Some of my recent favorites:

Throughout high school & college, the height of my babysitting years, Dora the Explorer was pretty big amongst the kiddo’s I sat. I had to sit through more than my fair share of ‘Swiper,  no swiping!’ So this hilarious  Dora the Explorer movie trailer made my day.

 

Pandas on a slide. Had your daily dose of adorable today?

 

Love this article…it sums up exactly where I’ll be in a few more weeks. The Days in Between

 

An incredible story of a heart changed. Get some tissues!

 

This is the song I sing to my baby boy all day long. He’s my sweetheart!

 

Where Marcus & I are headed for a quick babymoon this Thursday. We’ll be staying at this beautiful bed & breakfast! Is paddle boarding at 35 3/4 weeks permissible? I have impeccable balance, if I do say so myself.  A HUGE thank you to the Guinn family for this gift :)

 

Some Crofty tidbits of late..

 

Marcus has officially been employed with the Virginia Beach Fire Department for a year. He brought home his rookie report today, written by his captain. I don’t have a link to the raving report, but let’s just say it is definitely hanging up on the fridge :)

 

In less adorable news, I’ve been busily gathering items for my “birth kit,” items needed for my homebirth.  Nothing too exciting except on the kit list…if you don’t mention the two packages of large chux pads.  Well, I am aware birth is a bit of a messy process so I put on my big girl panties and headed to the  urinary incontinence aisle at the drug store. I quickly located the very medical looking underpads for beds and stuffed the big packages under my arm. The cashier made some awkward small talk with me as she rang up my purchase. Now, is it just me or will grocery/drug stores put anything in a bag? I mean, you buy a teeny tube of chapstick or some tic-tacs and they always put them in a plastic bag big enough for two gallons of milk. So why, in a completely bag-appropriate purchase, did the cashier ask me “Will you be wanting a bag for these?”

YES, LADY! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! DOUBLE BAG IT! THEN THROW IT IN A BLACK TRASHBAG! I HAVE TO WALK ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE PARKING LOT WITH THESE INCRIMINATING ITEMS! YES, I WANT A BAG!

Actually, I can be quite a pushover. So I assured her a bag wouldn’t be necessary and proudly marched my disposable underpads  across the parking lot. I’m so grown up!

Later that same day, I cried like a baby when my cream cheese icing didn’t come out right. Pregnancy is so sexy sometimes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...