May 14, 2012

Flowers By Kings

     Right around the time Marcus & I started dating, his mom started on her own adventure in the flower business.  Flowers By Kings is the family business of a good friend of the Crofts. Make sure to head to their website and click on the “About Us” to read the neat family history & flower shop story. My mother-in-law & Mrs. Laufer keep very busy running the best flower shop in town. A couple weeks ago, I took pictures of some of their beautiful mother’s day arrangements for their website. Up to that point, the only portrait sessions I had done were with people, and more specifically, children. So imagine my surprise when I didn’t have to make crazy bathroom noises to get a smile, or wipe the bribery chocolate off their faces, or tell them to wait to hit their brother until we were done taking pictures. Well, I actually started to do these things as I was getting into my photographer groove, but Marcus started looking at me funny and saying things like, “…They are just flowers…”   Yup, besides adjusting a stem here or there, these were the perfect models!!

     People, I know I am a day late & a dollar short and if I would have had my act together I would have written this blog post before mother’s day so the millions of readers I get could have just gone up and clicked on the link and shopped away for their Mothers. But I am not one who you might say has their act together. {I think I am still trying to figure out what my act is.} Nevertheless, Flowers By Kings has the most beautiful arrangements & I had to share. Please tell me you will support a hard working family business next time you are in need of flowers in the 757. They won’t disappoint!

may photo of the day 025 may photo of the day 026

may photo of the day 027 may photo of the day 028

may photo of the day 023 may photo of the day 024

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...