Nov 26, 2011

More Thanksgiving, less grumpypants

Just in case you were worried that my Thanksgiving post 2.0 would feature a return of the grumpypants, I assure you this post will be mostly pictures. My family has several quirky, yet loved traditions. In the morning we always made each other placemats while watching the Macy’s Day Parade. As a family growing up without cable, a VCR, and a lack of television in general..we were glued to the parade. And the commercials for that manner. After dinner we always took a long walk & came home to watch ‘Home Alone’ & eat pie. Nobody really likes the movie Home Alone anymore, but a tradition is a tradition. Back in our no VCR days, ABC used to always play Home Alone on Thanksgiving evening. When they stopped  playing it after about ten years, we went out and bought the DVD. So, Thanksgiving at the Danleys=Home Alone.

Here is my favorite man, making delicious pumpkin bread-

blog 2011 074blog 2011 075blog 2011 077

Here is me not cooking

blog 2011 070    

The placemat tradition

blog 2011 083blog 2011 079blog 2011 080   

Some people put a lot of time & effort into theirs

blog 2011 086blog 2011 081 blog 2011 082  

Some people don’t

blog 2011 087

{I still love you Brian}

I forgot to bring the camera in at my in-laws, which was really unfortunate. If I had, this blog post would be way better..with pictures of cute dark haired baby girls & sweet nephews & the hustle & bustle of food prep & an amazing Thanksgiving dinner spread. So, so good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...