Feb 15, 2012

The ways we are loved

     I wanted to do a Valentine’s Day post just like every other blogger out there, but I also wanted to avoid a newlywed, mushy-gushy, blissful Valentines post. So here is my take on  St. Valentine’s Day this year~

     Thankfully, love has been no stranger to me. From the moment God created me out of love, My mom:

Scanned 004

and my dad:

Scanned 005

welcomed my colic-y little self into their crazy little world, already consisting of a 4 and a 2 year old, ebbing & flowing with the patterns of Navy Life. Little did I know on June 9, 1986, that God {and my parents} had already prepared two great sources of love & joy for me already at home.

My older sister Mindy:

Scanned 003

and my older brother Chris:

Scanned 002

When I was four years old, my parent’s brought home another blonde baby, who would become yet another best friend.

Scanned 001

Kathleen arrived when I was in the third grade….giving the girls a majority rule for a couple years..

friends 040

Patrick came last & stole everybody’s heart. He still does.

Scanned 006

So to my Mom & Dad,

     Thank you for my siblings. Every one of them is a gift & has taught me about love.

And to my siblings,

    For the way you’ve loved me. With unconditional, welcoming, protective, joyful, mischievous, partner-in-crime, forgiving, strong, supportive, encouraging, teaching, helpful, challenging, funny love. I can’t wait for many more years & many more memories with you all. Thanks for putting up with the girl in the middle!

Finally to God,

     “For {You} so loved the world, that {You} gave {Your} only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...